Motherhood is an incredibly challenging and also deeply rewarding time. Mother & Baby Yoga gives you the time and energy to meet some of your own, often neglected needs in a warm and supportive environment. Mum & baby yoga sessions provide an opportunity for you to regain core strength and flexibility, as well as time to bond with your baby in an enjoyable activity while allowing you to connect and network with other mums.
The Benefits of Mum & Baby Yoga
• Improves your strength, posture and fitness.
• Increases your energy levels.
• Relieves common postnatal problems (‘feeding hunch’, neck pain, hip/back pain… the list goes on!).
• Strengthens weak pelvic floor muscles & tones abdomen.
• Recharges your batteries.
• Gives you confidence, learning new ways of handling your baby.
For Your Baby:
• Touch and movement give powerful multi-sensory stimulation
• Rhymes and actions help with your baby’s spatial awareness and development
• Yoga can relieve common problems such as sleeplessness & colic
• A social setting encourages play and interaction with others
• Yoga lays a wonderful foundation for health, well-being & non-violence
What’s In A Class?
Each class combines yoga postures for you and your baby. You will be guided through each posture carefully and you can decide how much you’d like to include and interact with your baby. The class is very informal and lively, and there is absolutely no pressure or expectation for your baby to “behave” in a certain way! Beginners new to yoga are welcome. Babies are welcome to sleep, feed, join in or just admire mummy!