- It is the course applicant’s responsibility, having referred to relevant sources of course information, to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. The tutor is happy to provide advice but accepts no liability in the event that the content of the course or any changes to the course timetables, structure or contents where necessary does not meet individual requirements.
- Once an application and a deposit has been received to secure a place on the students chosen course and a place allocated by Gateway Workshops, the applicant will be subject to and in agreement with all conditions as set out herein by Gateway Workshops (whose booking conditions are laid out at the bottom of the initial confirmation email) from the tutor.
- Acceptance: In accordance with common practice of educational establishments, reasons for denying admission will not be discussed with the applicant. The decision of the College is final and is not subject to appeal.
- Student Numbers: A minimum of two students are required for any course date to ensure the course will go ahead. If you are the only student booked onto a date and you maybe able to can bring a practice partner with you (this will be the decision of the individual tutor) subject to a change in training location to allow the course to run.
- The balance of the course fees will be invoiced 28 days prior to the scheduled start date, and is payable in full no later than 21 days prior to training starting. Under no circumstances can the balance be paid at a later date.
- Course Attendance: One Day courses – Students must attend the entire day of the booked course, classes run from 10.30-4.30 weekdays and 11.00-5.00 weekends, (sometimes longer for advanced courses) we may finish slightly later, so please allow extra time when planning your journey home as the tutor cannot be held responsible for any missed travel arrangements.
- Students will be expected to respect each other’s modesty at all times with correct towel draping as the Hot Stone/Thai Herbal Compress and other Advanced Massage courses require the student being massaged to remove all clothing except underwear. Once on the couch students are covered with towels and only the part being massaged will be uncovered. Please note that Men and Women attend our training courses excluding the waxing courses.
- Course fees include practical tuition, training materials- towels, use of blankets, creams/oils, resources and self/ home study material appropriate to the training course undertaken. Tea/ coffee will also be provided (lunch is not provided). Any other facilities, resources or additional training supplied by the tutor, at the request of the student, which has not been expressly stated to be included in the fees paid, will be charged at an additional cost. Some courses have DVD’s and kit’s available at an additional cost to the student.
- It is acknowledged that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents, design rights and know-how in or relating to the course or course materials provided or made available in connection with the course, remain the sole property of Gateway Workshops or the tutor who has co-written the manual. No copies of course materials or any usage of or reference to Gateway Workshops name may be made unless it has been agreed in writing by Gateway Workshops.
- Practitioners Diploma Certificate: Certificates are only given once students have shown that they have absorbed the information presented during the day and after demonstrating a satisfactory treatment observed by the tutor.To ensure that we act responsibly and carry out good practice, should the tutor feel that you would benefit from further training, certification may/will be held back and you will offered the opportunity/be asked to attend the next available course that has a space, (this is offered free of charge).With-holding a certificate is rare, but we would not be acting responsibly if a student were given certification, when the tutor felt they were unsafe in any way, the standard achieved must be high enough to enable the tutor issue you with a certificate. With small classes it is easy to absorb the techniques you are taught. There are no exams to sit for our one day courses only a practical assessment (excluding Indian Head Massage course, if you are an FT member (only) they will require case studies).
Tutor Cancellation Policy
- If for any reason you have to cancel your place on the course, please provide your tutor with at least 10 days written notice.
- If you wish to cancel you place and provide at least 10 days written notice, 50% of the remaining course fee will be refunded. Deposits are non refundable unless you give Gateway Workshops 7 days’ notice in writing, from the date of booking with them.
- Course fees for cancellations within 10 days of the course date will not be refunded or transferred.
- If you do not turn up on the day or you cancel your attendance on the course day and/or have given no written notice that you will not be attending the course, then the full course fee is non refundable and non-transferable.
- If you have/ have not paid your final balance by previous arrangement with the tutor and do not arrive for the course, you will still be held liable for payment of the full/ remaining course payment.
- The tutor cannot accept responsibility for students’ changes to work commitments, illness or personal circumstances within this 10 day period and will not transfer or refund fees.
- If a course is cancelled due to low numbers or for reasons beyond our control, we will endeavour to transfer you to another course date with the same tutor, if you chose not to transfer to an alternative date then the deposit will remain non refundable and 50% of the course fee will be non refundable.
Refunds and Charges
Please note that if you require a refund for the incorrect deposits being put through World Pay (the 3rd party payment system) there is a charge of £5 for any refund transactions. We remind you on the web site to please make sure the number of places you have booked is correct, before clicking on the check out button to avoid this charge!
A charge is made if you have not done this and you have booked too many places in error – please let us know as soon as possible so we can refund your card for the extra place or places booked in error. However please be aware there is a £5 admin fee to process any refunds.
A £5 administration fee will also apply if you book an advance course and you do not have the correct qualifications to attend and need to cancel. The web site is very clear to the requirements needed and it is the responsibility of the student to check their qualifications before they book onto an advanced course, making sure they have the right qualifications before confirming their booking.
By booking your place on this course you agree to the terms and conditions above. We very much look forward to meeting you and if you have any questions about your course please do not hesitate to contact your tutor their details can be found in your course confirmation email once your booking deposit has been paid.